Ingredients for Kerala Parippu Vada :
1/3 cup Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram / Kadala parippu)
1 cup Toor Dal (Thuvara parippu)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 table-spoon ginger, minced (Adrak)
5-6 green chillies, chopped
3-4 dry red chillies (Khadi lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon red chilli powder
1/4 t-spoon asafoetida (Hing / Kayam podi)
10-15 Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta)
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
How to make Parippu Vada :
- Soak Chana Dal and toor dal in water for 2-3 hours. Drain water and grind it with ginger and whole red chillies. Coarsely grind it to a thick paste. Add chopped onion and grind further a bit.
- Take this mixture in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix the batter properly with hands. Add little water, if needed.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Parippu vada. Take a handful of vada batter and give it a round shape of vada.
- Deep fry them at medium heat till golden-brown from both sides.
- Serve Kerala Parippu Vada hot with chutney.