Ingredients for Jelly cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup raspberry jelly
1 cup sugar, powdered
1/2 cup whole milk
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Jelly cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved and mixture gets fluffy, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, milk and vanilla essence. Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it. Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so cake will get ready. Spread the raspberry jelly over the cake while it is warm, but not hot, so it will soak into the cake.
- Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.