Ingredients for Jello cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
1 (3 ounce) box any flavor Jello gelatin
Cool Whip (for frosting)
How to make Jello cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it. Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot cake will get ready. Allow the cake to get cool, then transfer it to the serving platter.
- Now, using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake through to the bottom. Prepare jello according to package instructions except do not allow it to set yet. Pour jello on the cake and spread it slowly all over. Chill cake for 4-6 hours or until jello sets completely.
- Before serving take it out and Frost with the Cool Whip. Jello cake is ready to eat.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.