Ingredients for Jam cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup + 1 table-spoon Jam
3 table-spoon cocoa
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup hot water
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Jam cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size pan, take butter, sugar, 1/3 cup jam and water, and cook them on low heat until sugar gets dissolved in butter. Turn off the heat. Let the mixture gets cool to room temperature. Then transfer it to the large bowl.
- Now, add eggs to the bowl, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, cocoa, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Jam cake will be ready. Let it get cool at room temperature and then take a table-spoon of jam, mash it properly and brush it on top of the cake.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.