Ingredients for Dry Chili Idli :
2 Onions, Slicely chopped
2-3 small tomatoes, chopped
6-8 cloves Garlic, sliced (Lasun)
10-12 Curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
4 table-spoon Tomato Sauce
few drops of Soya Sauce (Optional)
1 t-spoon red chilli powder
1 t-spoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder)
6-8 Green Chillies, sliced from center (Hari Mirch)
oil to deep fry idlis
Salt to taste
10-15 Coriander leaves, chopped
For Coating :
1 cup Maida (All Purpose flour)
1 table-spoon Corn flour (Makai ka aata)
1 t-spoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
Salt to taste
water in sufficient quantity
How to make Fried Chili Idli :
- Cut all the idlis into cubes of equal sizes.
- Make a thick batter by combining all the ingredients of "Coating".
- Dip Each cube of idli in this batter and then deep fry it in a hot oil till golden and crispy.
- Now, take a separate pan and heat 2 table-spoon oil in it.
- Add curry leaves and garlic, fry for a minute on medium flame.
- Add sliced onions & green chilies to it and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add Tomatoes and mix well.
- After a minute, add tomato sauce and soya sauce (optional). Cook till oil separates.
- Now, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt along with deep fried idlis.
- Mix properly and cook on medium-low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish Fried Chili Idli (Dry Manchurian) with coriander leaves and serve hot.