Ingredients for Bread Idli :
Slices of white bread
3-4 medium potatoes, boiled
1 cup curd (yogurt)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely grated
1 t-spoon mustard seeds (Rai)
8-10 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil as required
How to make Bread idli :
To Prepare the Mixture :
- Mash boiled potatoes and add onion, green chilli & salt.
- Heat 1 table-spoon oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves & little salt.
- To this pan, add Curd and turn off the flame. Mix it properly and keep aside.
To make Bread Idli :
- Cut the pieces of bread in circular shape.
- Now, spread the potato mixture on one side of the bread.
- Heat a flat pan and add 1 table-spoon oil to it.
- Put the bread idli with potato side down on the pan.
- On the other side pour 2 table-spoon Curd mixture.
- Cover the pan with a lid and Cook the idli on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, serve Bread idli with potato side down on the plate, with green chutney or tomato sauce.