An icebox cake (American), zebra cake (British), or chocolate ripple cake/log (Australian) is a dessert consisting of whipped cream and chocolate pudding. The cake is left overnight in the refrigerator or icebox. So that's how the cake got it's name, Icebox cake. Try the simple and easy recipe of Icebox cake shown below.
Ingredients for Icebox cake:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
250 grams Cream cheese
1 cup sugar, powdered
2 boxes Chocolate pudding (prepared according to box)
250 grams Cool whip
How to make Icebox cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add flour and mash it properly now, for 2-3 mins. at least so that no lumps remain.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 15 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 15 mins. or so hot crust of cake will get ready. Let the cake gets cool to room temperature.
- Now, to prepare the filling, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar properly and spread it over the crust of cake.
- Then, spread two boxes of chocolate pudding (prepared according to box) on top of the cream cheese layer.
- At last spread cool whip on top of the pudding. Keep Icebox cake in refrigerator and serve cold after 2-3 hours.