Paneer is also known as Cottage cheese.Try the easy and simple method to prepare fresh Paneer with milk at home shown below.
Ingredients for Paneer :
1 litre Milk
1 t-spoon lemon juice (or 1 1/2 t-spoon vinegar)
How to make Paneer :
- Take a thick bottom pan and boil milk in it. When it's boiling add lemon juice or vinegar while stirring it.
- Keep stirring it frequently until milk curdles. Turn off the heat and let it get cool for 3-4 mins.
- Now take a neat and clean cotton or muslin cloth and pour the complete paneer mixture on it. Tie it with a tight knot, so that water gets drained out from paneer.
- After 30 mins. or so place the tied cloth under a heavy pan for 2 hours so as to drain the remaining liquid and to let the paneer get hard.
- Fresh Paneer is ready to use.