Clarified butter is also called drawn butter or ghee in India. The only ingredient to make Ghee is Butter. We present to you the easy homemade recipe of making Clarified butter.
Ingredients for Ghee / Clarified Butter :
Homemade butter or Unsalted butter from market
How to make Ghee / Clarified Butter :
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan to melt it over high heat, turn the heat to low.
- Now, keep boiling it over low heat for 10-15 mins, stir frequently so that it should not burnt from the bottom.
- When oil completely gets separated from the froth, turn off the heat.
- Let the ghee gets cool at room temperature, strain ghee using a very fine strainer.
- Transfer it to a glass container. Clarified butter / Ghee can be kept up to 6 months.