Ginger cake is also known as Gingerbread cake. It can be serve as a plain cake or sometimes decorated with lemon flavoured cream. Try the best, easy and simple recipe of Ginger cake from scratch.
Ingredients for Ginger cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 t-spoon ground ginger
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 t-spoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar, powdered
1/3 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Ginger cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- In a separate bowl, take 1/2 cup boiled water. Add flour, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Mash it properly so that no lumps remain. Add this mixture to the mixture prepared in other bowl.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix the batter properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Ginger cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.