Ingredients for Steamed Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup rice flakes (Poha)
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Steamed Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Mix them along with rice flakes and Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Make Steamed Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now, spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of dosa batter on the pan and make a thick circular dosa. Keep the flame to medium. Cover dosa with a lid to cook under steam.
- After 2 minutes sprinkle 1 table-spoon oil on the sides of dosa and again cover the lid. Roast the dosa from one side only until it gets golden brown.
- Steamed Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and sambar.