Ingredients for Set Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Set Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
- Now add sufficient amount of water to the batter such that when poured on a heated tawa it should automatically set itself into a fine thick circle.
Make Set Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and pour it on the hot tava.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the sides of dosa. After 2 minutes or so, you will find small holes on the dosa crust. Flip the dosa to other side and roast properly from that side too.
- Hot Set Dosa is ready to serve with Sagu (Saagu) and Chutney.