Rava Dosa is very crispy and instant to make, as we need not to ferment the batter overnight and the preperation time is very less as compared to other dosas recipe. The Andhra style of making ravva dosai with onion is widely accepted. Masala filling of masala dosa can be used to stuff Rava (Suji) Dosa.
Ingredients for Rava (Suji) Dosa :
2 cups Rava (Sooji / Ravva)
1 cup rice flour
2 cups Buttermilk (Mattha)
1 onion, chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
a pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
1/4 t-spoon sodium-bi-carbonate
4-5 pieces Cashews, chopped (Kaju)
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Rava (Sooji) Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix all the above ingredients accept buttermilk in a large bowl. Now start adding buttermilk in small amount and keep mixing the batter. Make a batter of medium consistency.
- Cover it and keep in at room temperature for 2 hour before making dosa.
Make Rava (Sooji) Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now, spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust. Cook it from one side only until it gets golden brown, then take it off from heat in a cylindrical shape.
- Crispy Rava (Sooji) Dosa with onion is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.
Note - Alternately, Masala Filling of Masala Dosa can also be stuffed inside Rava (Sooji) dosa.