Pesarattu is known as Whole green moong dal in Andhra. The Andhra dosa gives a rich green colour.
Ingredients for Pesarattu Dosa :
1 cup Whole green Moong Dal
2 table-spoon rice
1 small onion, chopped
2 green chili, chopped
1 inch grated ginger (Adrak)
1 t-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
10-15 leaves coriander, chopped (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Pesarattu Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and Moong dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and add chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, cumin and coriander leaves to this mixture. Grind the mixture to a smooth paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Use the batter after 1 hour.
Make Pesarattu Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. Keep the flame to low-medium. Sprinkle one table-spoon chopped onion on the dosa.
- After 2 mins. add 1 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Green Moong Dal Dosa from both side until light brown patches appears on the dosa and it gets really crispy.
- Pesarattu Dosa is ready to serve with chutney or sambar.