Ingredients for Vegetable Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
For Vegetable Filling :
1 Carrots (Gajar)
1/2 cup Peas (Matar)
8-10 pieces beans, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 Onions, chopped
15-20 curry leaves (Kadhi Patta)
3-4 Green chillies, chopped
1 t-spoon Mustard seeds (Rai)
1 t-spoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder)
4 table-spoon oil
salt to taste
How to make Vegetable Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Prepare Vegetable Filling :
- Fine chop all the vegetables.
- Heat 4 table-spoon oil in a thick bottom pan. Add mustard seeds, onion, curry leaves and green chili. Fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and haldi powder, stir well. Cook until vegetables gets properly cooked.
- Vegetable Filling is ready to use.
Make Vegetable Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a thin outer crust of dosa.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust. After 2 minutes or so, you will find brown spots on dosa. Immediately, smear (spread) 2 table-spoon of Vegetable Filling on the surface of Dosa and flip the 2 sides of the dosa one over the other such that the Vegetable Filling is covered.
- Vegetable Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.