Besan Dosa is also known as Besan ka Cheela, gram flour dosa or puda.
Ingredients for Besan Dosa :
1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
1 small onion, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1/4 t-spoon Ajwain
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (lal mirch)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
10-15 leaves coriander, chopped (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa (Cheela)
How to make Besan Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add water to it and mix it well to get the desired consistent batter.
- The batter should not contain any lumps and should be quite thin.
Make Besan Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. Keep the flame to low-medium.
- After 2 mins. add 1 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust and flip to other side. Roast Besan Dosa from both side until it gets light brown patches and get really crispy.
- Hot Besan Dosa is ready to serve with chutney or sauce.