Paper Dosa is a very thin (paper thin) form of dosa. It is very crispy and can be made without using any spice or masala filling. Although, Masala Filling of Masala Dosa can also be stuffed inside Paper dosa, so we then call it Paper Masala Dosa. It can be served with coconut chutney and sambar.
Ingredients for Crispy Paper Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Crispy Paper Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Make Paper Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a very thin (Paper thin) circle on a hot pan.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust. After 2 minutes or so, you will find brown spots on dosa. Immediately flip the 2 sides of the dosa one over the other.
- Crispy Paper Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and Sambar.
Note - Alternately, Masala Filling of Masala Dosa can also be stuffed inside Paper dosa.