Ingredients for Coconut Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup grated Fresh Coconut
salt to taste
1 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
How to make Coconut Dosa :
Prepare a Coconut Dosa Batter :
- Wash rice with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind rice with grated coconut and water to a fine paste. Add sufficient amount of water while grinding to make the batter very thin. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
Make Coconut Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a thin crust of dosa.
- Fry the dosa only form one side. After 2 minutes or so, you will find brown spots on dosa.
- Coconut Dosa is ready to serve with chutney.