Ingredients for Chinese Dosa :
2 cups Idli rice
1 cup Normal rice
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
For Chinese Filling :
1 Carrot, chopped
1 Capsicum, cut into thin stripes
100 grams Paneer, cut into strips (Cottage cheese)
1 Onion, sliced
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped (Lasun)
2 Green chillies, cut into stripes
1/2 t-spoon Soya Sauce
1/2 t-spoon chilli sauce
2 table-spoon Tomato ketchup
2 table-spoon oil
salt to taste
a pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
How to make Chinese Dosa :
Prepare a Dosa Batter :
- Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.
- Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.
- Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented (Khameer) properly.
Prepare Chinese Masala Filling :
- Heat oil in a pan and add carrot, capsicum, garlic, green chillies and onion to it. Cook for 5 mins on medium heat by covering a lid.
- Add Paneer, soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce (and ajinomoto, if any). Stir properly and cook until vegetables gets properly cooked.
- Chinese Filling is ready to use.
Make Chinese Dosa :
- Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.
- Now spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Take 1/2 cup of dosa batter and spread it properly in circular motion to form a circle on a hot pan. This will form a thin outer crust of dosa.
- Add 1/2 table-spoon oil more on the dosa crust. After 2 minutes or so, you will find brown spots on dosa. Immediately, smear or spread 2-3 table-spoon of Chinese Filling on the surface of dosa and flip the 2 sides of the dosa one over the other such that the Chinese Filling is covered.
- Chinese Dosa is ready to serve with chutney or sauce.