Ingredients for Date and Walnut cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup pitted Dates
4 table-spoon walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Date and Walnut cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil dates with 1 cup of water, when it starts boiling, simmer the mixture and let the water gets evaporated. Stir occasionally. Turn off the heat and let them get cool. Then, chop them and remove it's seeds.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. Then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add chopped dates, 2 table-spoon chopped walnuts, baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar and 2 table-spoon walnuts on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Date and Walnut cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.