Ingredients for Dry (Sukhi) Moong Dal :
1/2 cup Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
1 small onion, chopped
1 green chillies, chopped
2 table-spoon oil
1 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped to garnish (dhaniya patti)
2 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
1/4 t-spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
How to make Dry (Sukhi) Moong Dal :
- Wash Moong Dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 15 mins.
- Now, take a medium size pan and add 2 cup water, Moong Dal, turmeric and a pinch of salt to it, cook it over medium-high flame, with a lid closed for about 10 mins. or till Moong Dal gets cooked, but not over-boil it. Just make sure the grains remains separate and daal should not become mushy.
- Now, take a separate large frying pan, heat oil in it and put it over medium heat. After a minute add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies, stir it for 15-30 secs. Then, add onion and cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently.
- Now, add Red Chilli Powder, cooked Moong Dal, amchur and salt to the large frying pan. Turn the heat to low, stir it well and cook further for 2 mins.
- Garnish Dry (Sukhi) Moong Dal with chopped coriander leaves.