Ingredients for Dal Kadhi :
1/2 cup Whole Moong Dal (Green Gram)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (Adrak)
8-10 cloves garlic, chopped (lahsun)
1/2 cup Yogurt (Dahi)
2 table-spoon Besan
1 green chillies, chopped
2 table-spoon oil
15-20 curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
3 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 t-spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
1 inch cinnamon stick (dal chini)
How to make Dal Kadhi :
- Wash Moong Dal and soak for 1 hour. Pressure cook Moong Dal with 2 cup water, turmeric and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium-high flame for about 15 mins. or until Moong Dal gets tender.
- In a medium size bowl combine Yogurt and Besan, Whisk it properly.
- Now, for tempering, take a separate large frying pan, add oil to it and put it over medium heat.
- After a minute add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and chopped green chillies, stir for a minute .Then add garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now, add Yogurt mixture, Red Chilli Powder and 1 cup water. Stir well and cook on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add Moong Dal mixture and salt to the large frying pan and turn the heat to high, stir it well. When it starts boiling, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook further for 8-10 mins. or till dal gets little dissolved in the mixture.
- Serve Dal Kadhi hot with rice or chapati.