Custard cake can be made in many variations according to the custard powder flavour we use like vanilla, apple, chocolate, fruit etc. Try the simple and easy recipe of Custard cake from scratch shown below.
Ingredients for Custard cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
4 table-spoon Custard powder (Vanila, apple, chocolate, which every you like)
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla extract
8-10 pieces raisins
8-10 pieces cashews, broken into 2 pieces
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Custard cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the custard first. Heat milk in a thick bottom pan and add custard to it. Boil it on low-medium flame until custard gets thick. Turn off the heat. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence, prepared Custard. Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. atleast so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar, cashews and raisins on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Custard cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.