Sarson ka saag Recipe is an Indian Punjabi Recipe. It is sometimes pronounced as mustard greens recipe, sarson ka sag or sarso ka sag recipe. It is often served with Makke ki Roti.
Ingredients for Sarson ka Saag (Mustard Greens):
500 gms. chopped mustard greens (Sarson ke patte)
1/2 t-spoon coriander (pisa dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (Adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (Lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon cumin (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
2 tabale-spoon oil
1 t-spoon salt or to taste
1 cup water
How to make Sarson ka Saag (Mustard Greens):
- Make a puree of tomato and onion separately using a blender.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and put oil in it. When it starts heating up add onion and tomato paste to it, stir it, cook on low-medium heat until it gets light brown.
- Now, add ginger, garlic paste, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder and stir it will, Continue heating for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped mustard greens (Sarson) a cup of water, and cook for 25 minutes on simmer heat or until Sarson gets properly cooked.
- Serve Sarson ka Saag hot with makke ki roti, tanduri butter roti or naan.