Indian Style Mushroom Potato Curry recipe is a modified version of western Mushroom recipes. Curried Mushroom can be made dry by decreasing the amount of water. The dish is really simple to make and can be made more spicy by increasing the quantity of Red Chili Powder. Simple Creamy Curry can be served with rice or Indian Chapati.
Ingredients for Mushroom Curry :
200 gms. mushrooms (try whole button mushrooms)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (Adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (Lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon cumin, powdered (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (haldi)
1/2 t-spoon coriander (pisa dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon chili powder (Lal Mirch)
4 table-spoon oil
1 t-spoon salt or to taste
How to make Mushroom Curry :
- Boil potatoes in a pressure cooker, peel them and cut into small cubes. Make a puree of tomato and onion separately using a blender.
- Heat oil in a medium size pan. Add onion paste to it, stir frequently, keep the flame to medium and cook the mixture till golden brown
- After 4-5 minutes add tomato puree, ginger, garlic paste, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder. Stir well and cook further for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes, season with salt and cook further on low heat for 5 mins.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the pan as you desire. Cook until mushrooms gets properly cooked and you get the desired thick curry.
- Serve Mushroom Curry hot with rice or chapati.
Note:- To keep the mushroom curry dry, don't add much water to the mixture.