Cabbage curry is a semi dry Indian Sabzi. In India, Cabbage curry is known as patta gobi ki sabji with aloo / potato. It can be made more spicy by increasing the quantity of red chilli powder. To increase the thickness of gravy masala, increase the ratio of onions and tomato in the curried patta gobhi. The fry sabzi goes well with dal, roti or pulao.
Ingredients for Cabbage Curry:
500 grams cabbage (patta gobi)
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
1 t-spoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
4 table-spoon oil
1 t-spoon Salt or As per taste
1/4 cup water
How to make Cabbage Curry:
- Shred the cabbage coarsely, Fine chop the onion. Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. First, add cumin seeds and onions. Cook, until it gets golden brown. Add ginger and garlic paste, tomato puree and stir for 2 min.
- Add potato and cabbage, stir well, cover the lid and cook on low-medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and salt.Add water and simmer it by covering the lid. Cook until done.
- Then, add garam masala and turmeric. Stir well and simmer for 2 mins. Turn off the heat.
- Serve Cabbage Curry hot with chapati, roti or pulao.