Ingredients for Black Channa Curry :
250 grams Kala Chana (Black channa)
2 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 t-spoon ginger paste (Adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (Lahsun)
10-15 coriander leaves, chopped (dhaniya patti)
4 table-spoon oil
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1/2 t-spoon kasoori methi
1/2 t-spoon coriander (pisa dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (haldi)
How to make Black (Kala) Chana Curry :
- Keep Black Channa in water for 6 hours before cooking it. Then cook it in a pressure cooker by adding a pinch of salt to it. Cook until it gets soft. Don't throw the water after cooking it.
- Boil potato in a cooker and cut them into small cubes.
- Take a large non-stick frying pan and put oil in it. Saute Onions on medium heat.
- Then, add cumin, tomato, ginger and garlic paste. Cook further on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric, methi and chili powder and stir it well. Cook further on low heat for couple of minutes.
- Add potatoes and Black Channa along with the water in which you have boiled Black Channa. Along with that add 1/2 cup of water more and cook on medium flame until you get the desired thick curry, add some more water if needed. Close it with a lid while cooking.
- Sprinkle Black Channa Masala with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve Black Channa Masala hot with chapati or rice.