Aloo gobi is a very popular Indian recipe. It is also known as potato cauliflower curry or sabji in India. It can be served in lunch and dinner. As it is a curry recipe so you can serve it either with roti, rice or pulao. The combination of multiple Indian spices like garam masala, turmeric and many more gives aloo gobi a real blend and flavour.
Ingredients of Aloo Gobi :
500 grams cauliflower (gobi)
2 potatoes (Aloo)
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 t-spoon red chilli powder
1/4 t-spoon Garam Masala
1 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1 t-spoon salt
10 to 15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
4 table-spoon oil
1 cup water
How to make Aloo Gobi :
- Take the florets of cauliflower out and cut into small pieces. Fine Chop the onions.
- Boil the potatoes and cut it into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions, ginger and garlic paste to it, stir well.
- After a minute add tomato, cumin and coriander powder, stir it again and continue heating for five minutes.
- Add potato, cauliflower florets, chili powder and salt together with water.
- Stir Alu Gobi well and cover it with a lid and cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes or till aloo gobi gets properly cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Then, add garam masala and turmeric. Stir well and simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve Alu Gobi Curry hot with roti or chapati. Sprinkle it with finely chopped coriander leaves.