Apricot Chutney Recipe is an Indian recipe, made with fresh Apricot and available in many variants, it can be made more spicy by increasing the quantity of red chilli powder.
Ingredients for Apricot Chutney:
200 gms. Apricots (Khumani)
2 t-spoons raisins (Kishmish)
4 blanched almonds (Peeled Almonds/Badam)
1 t-spoon ginger, chopped
1 piece garlic, chopped
1 big Cardamom, crushed (Moti Elaichi)
1/2 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 t-spoon Salt
1/4 t-spoon Red chilli powder
1 cup Water
How to make Apricot Chutney:
- Boil water in a pan and add articots to it. Cook apricots on high heat until apricots gets soft.
- Then, peel the apricots and take out its pulp, mash apricot pulp properly. Wash the stones of apricot in one cup water, and keep this water aside.
- Now take a thick bottom pan and add ginger, apricot pulp, washed stones water, garlic, blanched almonds and raisins, cook them on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the water is gone.
- Then, add sugar, vinegar, cardamoms, red chilli powder and salt. Cook them until the complete mixture gets thick and golden brown. Then, turn off the heat.
- Allow Apricot Chutney to get cool at room temperature. Then, put Apricot Chutney in a air tight glass jar.
- Apricot Chutney is ready to serve. Apricot Chutney can be kept for 5-6 months in a refrigerator.