Plum Chutney or Aloo Bukhara Chutney ia an Indian Chutney recipe. Plum Chutney gives a sweet tangy flavour.
Ingredients for Plum Chutney or Aloo Bukhara Chutney:
100 gms. Dried plums (aloo bukhara)
1 cup Sugar
1/4 t-spoon Cardamom powder (Ilaichi powder)
1/2 table-spoon Melon seeds (Magaz/Karbuje ka beej)
1 cup water
How to make Plum Chutney or Aloo Bukhara Chutney:
- Take 1 cup of water in a bowl and soak plums in it for 30 mins.
- Now take a thick bottom pan and add half cup of water (water in whick plums are soaked) to it. Add sugar to it, stir well and boil it to form a thick sheera or mixture.
- Add plums along with the remaining 1/2 cup water, stir occasionally. Cook until desired thickness is achieved.
- Then add melon seeds and cardamom, cook for 2 mins. more, then turn off the heat.
- Plum Chutney is ready to eat. Store it in a cool place.