Curry leaf is used as a tempering in many chutnies, but it can be the mojor ingredients in its own kind of chutney i.e. Curry leaves chutney. It gives a heavy flavour of Curry leaves along with tomato and onions as other ingredients. Try the given below recipe of Curry Leaves chutney.
Ingredients for Curry Leaves chutney:
1/4 cup Curry Leaves
1 tomato, chopped
2 medium sized onions, chopped
1 table-spoon tamarind pulp (Imli ka guda)
2 whole green chillies, chopped
1/2 t-spoon urad dal (white gram dal)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
2 t-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Curry Leaves chutney:
- Heat oil in a pan, turn the heat to low and add mustard to it. When it starts cracking, add urad dal to it.
- After 2 mins. add chopped onions and green chillies, cook until they get golden brown and onions leaves the oil.
- Now, add tamarind and chopped tomatoes and cook further for 3-4 mins. on low heat.
- Then, add curry leaves and cook further for 6-7 mins. Stir well. Then, turn off the heat.
- Curry Leaves chutney is ready to eat. Serve Curry Leaves chutney with idly, uttapam or masala dosa.