Ingredients for Cabbage chutney:
1/2 cup Cabbage, chopped (Patta-gobhi)
1 medium sized onion, (slicely chopped)
2 pieces garlic (Lahsun)
10-15 coriander leaves, finely chopped (Dhaniya patti)
4-5 whole red chillies
2 table-spoon cooking oil
1 t-spoon fenugreek seeds, grounded (methi dana)
1/2 t-spoon Mustard (raai)
1 table-spoon tamarind pulp (Imli)
a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
salt to taste
How to make Cabbage chutney:
- Take a small fry pan and heat 1 table-spoon oil in it. Then, add red chillies, fenugreek, mustard, and garlic. Fry them on low heat for a minute.
- Then, add onion and fry them till the mixture gets light brown. Then turn off the heat.
- Take a separate pan and heat 1 table-spoon oil in it. Add cabbage to ti and fry them properly on medium heat. Then, turn off the heat and allow fried cabbage to get cool.
- Now take a grinder, add fried mixture and remaining ingredients except coriander and fried cabbage. Grind everything to form a smooth paste.
- Now, add cabbage to the grinned mixture and mix well. Cabbage chutney is ready.
- Sprinkle Cabbage chutney with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve it.