Bombay chutney goes well with poori and chapati. Bombay chutneys suits really well according the type of food available in bombay and the weather condition of bombay.
Ingredients for Bombay chutney:
2 table-spoon Besan (Kadalai mavu)
2 onions, finely chopped
4 tomatoes, finely chopped
7-8 green chillies, finely chopped
1 t-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
2 table-spoon cooking oil
1 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
10-15 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
salt to taste
How to make Bombay chutney:
- Mix besan properly with 1/2 cup water. Keep it aside.
- Take a small fry pan and add 2 table-spoon oil to it. Add mustard to it and turn the heat to low, when mustard starts splutter, add curry leaves, chopped onion, green chillies, and chopped tomato. Stir well and after 2-3 mins. add turmeric powder.
- When onions gets properly cooked add the besan mixture to the pan along with salt to taste and cook further on low-medium heat for 5 mins. Stir frequently.
- When the gravy gets required thickness, turn off the heat.
- Bombay chutney is ready to eat. You can also let bombay chutney gets cool at room temperature for an hour and then serve it.