In bhel puri, Dhaniya chutney and Imli chutney is used to make it. Bhel puri is very famous in Mumbai, India. The presence of these chutneys make Bhel puri tangy and yummy in taste.The proportion of these chutneys can be changed according to your taste of bhel puri.
Ingredients for Dhaniya Chutney:
1 1/2 cups coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
1 green chili chopped
2 table-spoon lemon juice (Neeboo)
1/4 t-spoon salt
1/4 t-spoon cumin powder (Jeera)
1/4 t-spoon black pepper Powder (Kali mirch)
How to make Dhaniya Chutney:
- Take a mixer and add all the ingredients to it. Blend it untill it gets smooth. Add 2-3 table-spoon of water if needed.
- Serve chutney in a glass bowl...
Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney
Ingredients for Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli)
150 gms. Jaggery (Gudh)
1 t-spoon Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Garam masala
1/2 t-spoon Black salt (kala namak)
1 t-spoon Red chilli powder
Salt To Taste
How to make Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
- Wash tamarind with water. Then, add 3 cups of water to tamarind and boil it for 2 mins. on high flame. Put the flame to low and cook further for 7-8 mins. on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Now, remove the seeds of Tamarind and let the tamarind pulp get cool at room temperature.
- Add to this tamarind pulp, cumin, black salt, red chilli powder, jaggery and garam masala, mix well and again cook this mixture on medium flame till jaggery gets completely dissolved in mixture and imli chutney gets desired thickness, stirring continuously.
- Let Tamarind / Imli Chutney get cool at room temperature, then transfer Tamarind Chutney to the glass bowl. Tamarind / Imli Chutney is ready to eat.