Ingredients for Bourbon cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup Bourbon
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 table-spoon cocoa powder
2 table-spoon finely chopped walnuts
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1/2 t-spoon vanilla essence
a pinch of salt (optional)
8-10 pieces raisins
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Bourbon cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Now, add bourbon and chopped walnuts to the batter. Mix it well.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar and raisins on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Bourbon cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only. In case of Bourbon cake you can always increase or decrease the quantity of bourbon as per your taste.