Banana is a very popular fruit that you will find in almost every part of the world. It's presence in cake along with walnuts gives an exotic flavour and makes it quite moist while eating. Try the easy and simple recipe of Banana cake shown below.
Ingredients for Banana cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 ripe Bananas
4 table-spoon walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1/2 t-spoon vanilla essence
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Banana cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the outer cover of bananas and cut them into smaller pieces. Now, put them in a grinder and grind them to form a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence, grinned Bananas, walnuts, baking powder and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Banana cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.