Ingredients for Andhra Sambar Powder :
1/4 cup Chana dal (senaga pappu)
1/2 cup coriander seeds (Dhaniya / dhaniyalu)
3 Red chillies (Khadi lal mirch / endu mirapakayalu)
a pinch of fenugreek seeds (methi / menthulu)
1 table-spoon dry coconut powder
1 table-spoon curry leaves (Kadhi patta / karivepaaku)
1 table-spoon Cooking oil
How to make Andhra Sambar Powder :
- Heat oil in a medium size pan.
- Roast in order - chana dal, Coriander seeds then Fenugreek seeds.
- Now, add red chillies and curry leaves, roast until red chillies changes to turn to light brown color.
- Cool all the ingredients to room temperature.
- Combine everything and dry grind to a smooth powder.
- Andhra Style Sambar Podi is ready to use in Sambar.
- Store it in a dry airtight jar, can be kept like this upto an year.