Ingredients for Sabudana Khichdi :
1 cup Sabudana (Sago)
2 medium Potatoes
1/4 cup Peanuts (Moongfali)
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
2 green chillies, chopped
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder
4 table-spoon oil
Salt to taste (Normal or Sendha namak)
How to make Sabudana Khichdi :
- Wash Sabudana with water and soak it in little water for 5-6 hours before cooking. Drain the remaining water after 6 hours.
- Boil potatoes, peel them and cut into pieces.
- Take a small pan and fry peanuts in 1 table-spoon oil till they change colour.
- Heat 4 table-spoon oil in a large pan, splutter cumin seeds in it. Immediately add green chillies and potatoes to it, turn the flame to low-medium.
- After 2 minutes, add sabudana, red chili powder and salt, mix properly. Cover it with a lid and stir occasionally. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Just before 2 minutes to finish, add fried peanuts to the khichdi and mix again.
- Sabudana Khichdi is ready to serve with Yogurt or Aloo ki Sabji.