Ingredients for Uddin Vada :
1 cup Urad Dal (Split Black lentils without skin)
1 teaspoon ginger, minced (Adrak)
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 table-spoon Pepper powder (Kali mirch powder)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
Oil for frying
salt to taste
How to make Uddina Vada :
- Soak Urad dal in water for 3-4 hours. Grind dal with little water to a thick paste.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to this batter along with salt and mix properly with hands.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Uddina vada. Take a handful of vada batter and give it a round shape of vada with hole at the center (like a donut). Deep fry wada in oil at medium heat till golden brown from both sides.
- Remove from the pan and keep them on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve Uddina vada hot with the chutney of your choice.