Ingredients for Ragi Vada :
1 cup Ragi flour (Finger Millet Floor / Kehzvaragu)
2-3 table-spoon Roasted Chana Dal
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
Oil to deep fry
salt to taste
How to make Ragi Vada :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix properly.
- Add water in little quantity to knead the mixture. Add required water and Knead to a soft dough. Make small balls out of this dough.
- Take a small ball and make a flat vada by pressing it with the palm of your hands (slightly thin as compared to chapati).
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Ragi vada. Put Vadas in hot oil and deep fry them at medium heat till it gets crispy.
- Ragi vada is ready to serve.