Ingredients for Maddur Vada :
1 cup Rice flour
1/2 cup Chirotti Rava (Fine Sooji)
2 table-spoon freshly grated coconut
2 onions, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Red chilli powder
a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
Oil for frying
salt to taste
How to make Maddur Vada :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix properly.
- Add 2 table-spoon hot oil to the bowl and a little water to knead the mixture. Knead to form a dough ball. Make small balls out of this dough.
- Add a drop of oil on a plastic sheet and roll out a thick vada using a small dough ball. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Maddur vada. Lift vada properly from the plastic sheet and put it in a hot oil. Deep fry wada in oil at medium heat till golden brown from both sides.
- Maddur vada is ready to serve, let cool completely before storing.