Dahi (Curd) Vada is a sweet salty one of the best Indian recipe that is often served in Indian Marriages and made at the time of festivals.
Ingredients for Dahi Vada :
For Vada :
1 cup Urad Dal (Black lentil without skin)
Oil for frying
1/2 t-spoon salt
To Serve :
500 grams Fresh Curd (Dahi)
1 green chilly, chopped
1 t-spoon roasted cumin powder (Jeera Powder)
1 t-spoon Sugar
1/2 t-spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon chaat masala powder
1/2 t-spoon Kala Namak (black salt)
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, Finely chopped (Hara Dhaniya)
1/2 cup Tamarind Chutney (Click Tamarind Chutney to get the complete recipe)
salt to taste
How to make Dahi Vada :
To Make Vada :
- Soak Urad dal in water for 7-8 hours or overnight. Next morning, grind it to a paste. Add 1/2 t-spoon salt and mix the batter properly.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry vada. Take a handful of vada batter and give it a round shape of vada with hole at the center. Deep fry wada in oil at medium heat till golden yellow.
- Take vadas out from the pan and soak in salty water for 3-4 minutes. Squeeze the water out of wadas and put them on a large serving plate.
To serve Curd Vada :
- Beat dahi by adding a little water, sugar and salt to taste.
- In a large serving plate arrange vadas one after other. Pour beaten dahi on vadas properly.
- Now, sprinkle roasted cumin, red chili powder, chat masala powder, kala namak, chopped green chili and coriander leaves on top of dahi wadas.
- Refrigerate them 30 minutes before serving. At the time of serving, pour 2 table-spoon Tamarind chutney on each dahi vada.