Ingredients for Bread Dahi Vada :
7-8 slices of Bread
3-4 potatoes (Aloo)
500 grams Fresh Curd (Dahi)
1 green chilly, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, Finely chopped (Hara Dhaniya)
1/2 cup Tamarind Chutney (Click Tamarind Chutney to get the complete recipe)
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Herbs and Spices :
1 t-spoon roasted cumin powder (Jeera Powder)
1/4 t-spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon chat masala powder
1/2 t-spoon Kala Namak (Black salt)
How to make Stuffed Bread Dahi Vada :
- Pressure cook potatoes in sufficient amount if water with 2 whistles. Peel potatoes and mash properly by adding cumin powder, red chili powder, chopped green chili and coriander leaves in a large bowl to form the stuffing.
- Take water in a deep bottom bowl and dip bread in it. Immediately squeeze out the water by pressing it with both hands.
- Put 2 table-spoon of potato stuffing inside bread and seal the top edge properly to form a round ball. Press firmly to form the shape of a vada. Repeat the process for all the slices of bread.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry vada. Deep fry vada in oil at medium heat till golden yellow.
- Now to serve Vada, beat dahi by adding a little water and salt.
- In a large serving plate arrange vadas one after other. Pour beaten dahi on vadas properly.
- Now, sprinkle chat masala powder, kala namak and Tamarind Chutney on top of Bread dahi vada and serve it immediately, otherwise it will get mushy.