Tamil Nadu Sambar Powder Recipe
Ingredients for Tamil Nadu Kuzhambu Podi :
4 table-spoon coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
4 table-spoon Toor Dal
2 table-spoon Chana dal (Bengal gram)
2 table-spoon Urad dal
8-10 Red chillies (lal mirch)
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
1 teaspoon Whole black pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
1 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 table-spoon curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
How to make Tamil Nadu Sambar Powder :
- Roast all the ingredients except curry leaves on medium flame until they give a nice blend and red chillies changes its colour.
- Just 1 minute prior turing off the flame add Curry Leaves.
- Turn off the flame add cool the ingredients to room temperature.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients together to a fine powder.
- Sambar Powder (Kuzhambu Podi) is ready to use in Tamil Nadu Sambar.
- Store it in a dry air seal jar at a dry place.
- If Kept properly, can be used freshly upto an year.