Ingredients for Madras Sambar Powder :
4 table-spoon coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
2 table-spoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram)
2 table-spoon Toor dal
2 table-spoon Urad dal
1 table-spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
1 table-spoon Whole black pepper (Khadi Kali Mirch)
8-10 red chillies (lal mirch)
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon cooking oil
How to make Madras Sambar Powder :
- Roast all ingredients except red chillies one by one until they give a nice blend.
- Fry Red chillies in 1 teaspoon oil until they gets light maroon in colour.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients together to a fine powder.
- Store Chennai Sambar Powder in an airtight container.
- If kept at a dry place, Madras Sambar Powder can be used freshly upto an year.