Cranberry can be served in many variation, one of which is Cranberry chutney. Cranberry chutney is a sweet chutney with the combination of spices and dry fruits that's why it gives a very sweet and spicy taste.
Ingredients for Cranberry Chutney:
1 cup fresh cranberries (karaunda)
4 table-spoon raisins (Kishmish)
1/2 t-spoon ginger, chopped (Adrak)
1/4 t-spoon cinnamon, grounded (Dalchini)
1 clove, grounded (Laung)
1/4 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 t-spoon Red chilli powder
1/2 cup Water
How to make Cranberry Chutney:
- Chop half of the cranberries and keep the remaining half as whole. Keep cranberries aside.
- Now take a thick bottom pan and add cranberries, ginger, water, clove, cinnamon, sugar and raisins, cook them on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the water is gone.
- Then, add vinegar, red chilli powder. Cook them further for 10 mins on low heat. Then, turn off the heat.
- Allow Cranberry Chutney to get cool at room temperature. Then, put Cranberry Chutney in a air tight glass jar.
- Cranberry Chutney is ready to serve. You can also keep Cranberry Chutney in a refrigerator but don't freeze it.