Vegetable Samosa is a very popular Indian snack. It's ingredients include onion, potato (Aloo), Easy technique of Filling and folding of veg samosa is given below in samosa recipe. Try the best and simple recipe of crispy samosas.
Ingredients for Samosa:
1 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
3 table-spoon warm oil
3 potatoes large boiled, peeled, mashed
1 1/2 onion finely chopped
1 1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
3/4 t-spoon ginger paste
3/4 t-spoon garlic paste
3/4 t-spoon coriander seeds powder
3/4 t-spoon turmeric powder
1 1/2 table spoon coriander finely chopped
3/4 lemon juice
3/4 t-spoon garam masala
3 green chillies crushed
salt to taste
oil to deep fry
How to make Samosa:
- Take flour in a large vessel. Add oil, salt and little water.Mix it well till crumbly. Keep adding little water after kneading. Continue it untill it gets converted into soft pliable dough
- Cover the dough with moist cloth, keep aside for 20-25 mins.
- Beat dough on work surface and knead again. Re-cover.Keep it aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peal and mash them.
- Heat 3 table spoon oil in a pan. Now, add ginger-garlic paste, coriander seeds powder and green chillies. Stir it well.
- After 1 minute, add onions and cook them till it starts getting brown.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt to the pan. Stir well for 2 mins.
- Add potatoes. Stir further and continue cooking for 2 mins.
- Let it cool down. Keep aside.
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
To make Samosa: Samosa Folding Technique
- Take a small portion of dough, flatten it to form a thin 5" diameter round chapati like structure.
- Cut it into 2 equal halves forming 2 semi-circle like structures.
- Moist the sides of the semicircles with a little amount of water.
- Join the sides and press together to form a cone.
- Fill the cone with a table-spoon of filling and seal the cone from the top to form a Samosa.
- Repeat the procedure for other semi-circle also.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the samosas and fry them till they turn light brown on medium to low heat.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chili sauce