Ingredients for Potato Roti :
2 cups Wheat Flour (Aata)
4-5 medium size Potatoes (Aloo)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, minced
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
1 bunch Dhaniya patti, chopped (Coriander leaves)
2 table-spoon oil for kneading
Salt to taste
How to make Potato Roti :
- Boil potatoes and peel them. Add all the ingredients to the potatoes (except oil & aata). Mash & mix potatoes properly with all the ingredients.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water. Keep it aside for 25-30 mins.
- Cover the dough with 1 table-spoon cooking oil and knead a little more.
- Now, take 2 small balls out of this dough and roll them into round shape chapatis.
- On the first chapati, spread a bit of ghee on the surface and place suitable amount of potato mixture.
- Cover it with a second roti and tightly seal from the sides.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place Aloo roti and wait for the bubbles to come.
- Flip the roti to other side. Cook further for a minute, flip to other side.
- Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets light brown patches and the roti gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the tava and smear it with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Potato Roti is ready to serve with yogurt or raita. I prefer it with green chutney.