Naan Roti Recipe
Ingredients for Naan Roti :
2 cups Maida (All Purpose Flour)
1/2 cup warm Milk
1/2 cup Curd (Dahi)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of baking soda
1 teaspoon Onion seeds (Kalonji)
1 table-spoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
salt to taste
How to make Naan Roti :
- Combine Maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix properly with your hands.
- Now, add yogurt and milk to maida, knead it to a soft dough. Cover this dough with a cloth and keep it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, again knead the dough and add a little amount of flour on the surface.
- Now, take a small ball of prepared dough and roll it into a slightly elongated shape roti. Sprinkle it with little amount of Kalonji.
- Roll out wet fingers on sides of the rolled naan.
- Now, you have to use a tandoor or a tava to bake the rotis.
- Either stick the rotis in tandoor or if you are using a tava then, place the naan, wet side down and place a lid for less than a minute.
- Now, cook the other side of naan on open heat until brown spots appear on it.
- Take it off from the tandoor/tava and smear with Ghee.
- Naan Roti is ready to serve with the sabzi of your choice.