Ingredients for Methi Roti :
2 cups Wheat Flour (Aata)
1 bunch of methi leaves, chopped (Fenugreek leaves)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, minced
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
2 table-spoon Dhaniya patti (Coriander leaves)
2 table-spoon oil for kneading
Salt to taste
warm water for kneading
How to make Methi Roti :
- Take a large bowl and mix wheat flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, haldi powder and Dhaniya powder.
- Knead little bit by adding a little water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead to a stiff dough. Keep it aside for 25-30 mins.
- Cover the dough with 1 table-spoon cooking oil and knead a little more.
- Divide the large dough into small balls.
- Now, take a small ball and roll it into a round shape chapati.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place methi roti and wait for the bubbles to come.
- Flip the roti to other side and cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, flip the roti to other side and cook further for a minute.
- Take it off from the tava and smear it with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Serve Methi roti with pickle, raita or any sabzi.